Future is uncertain, unseen and for industry like advertising and marketing fairly challenging. Advertising is going through interesting times, social media hype has been blown out of proportion, and some have started to celebrate the death of TV and 30 second commercials. As per my understanding of communication industry, following is my perspective about advertising’s future
- New age advertising will be very much like old-age advertising – The soul of advertising and communication has always, been and will always be in IDEA. The means of communication will keep on changing. It is the power of a relevant idea that drives marketing and communication. and more empowered generation of consumers will demand more relevance (in terms of everything from product to communication).
- To increase revenue (product usage) there are only two ways either we should increase the uses or the users. Advertising industry will expand also like this either we will tap into the untapped i.e. new markets and/or new media.
Following is my understanding about the future of communication industry, hope you will find it useful
- Media Planning by Numbers by Millward brown: It thoroughly discusses optimal media plan
- Very good insights shared by Arnab Sengupta (from india) on future of advertising
- Future of PR by Marketing Profs
- Outlook for 2010 by ACNielsen